When trying to conceive, consider massage therapy treatments in addition to any other natural or medical fertility methods/treatments you are undergoing. One of the main fertility challenges is often a high stress level. Massage therapy can potentially increase fertility as the intent is to detoxify/cleanse, balance and relax the woman’s body, making it an ideal environment for conception. Preconception massage therapy is ideal for all women who have the desire to become pregnant.
Potential benefits of preconception massage include:
- Promotion of a healthy menstrual cycle
- Improved hormonal balance by strengthening the hormonal feedback loop
- Improved removal of stagnant blood & tissues
- Better regulation of ovulation
- Improved communication within endocrine system
- Reduction of stress and stress hormones
- Increased circulation to the uterus, cervix, ovaries & fallopian tubes
- Improved removal of toxins
- Improved movement of body fluids
- Stimulation of endorphins, reducing the pain of endometriosis & other ailments
- Reduction of inflammation & congestion within the reproductive system
- Reduction of tissue adhesions & scar tissue that could be causing blockages
Frequency/Length of Visits
Preconception massage therapy can begin at anytime and can be in combination with other fertility treatments you are undergoing. If you have health concerns, please consult with your primary healthcare provider PRIOR to your first massage visit. Preconception massage treatments are recommended once every 1—4 weeks.
As for length of treatments, sixty minutes is ideal but any amount of time will do— frequent shorter visits seem to be more beneficial than less frequent longer visits.