Childbirth is a significant experience that you will remember for the rest of your life—it can be both exhilarating and exhausting; the best way to approach it is to be prepared. Labour preparation services are available for women (and their partners) wanting extra coaching prior to the birthing process. These lessons help to improve your emotional and physical state in preparation for and during labour. They also help your partner to feel more confident in helping you through one of life’s most extraordinary experiences.
You could learn about:
- Creating a birth plan & an ideal environment for your birth experience in the hospital or at home
- Obtaining the information you need to make informed decisions throughout the birthing process
- Stretches & other simple exercises to help prepare your body for the labour process
- Physical comfort measures to try during labour, in hopes of reducing stress & complications
- Ways that your birthing partner can help you during labour, including providing massage
- How your body will react to the initial postpartum period as well as suggestions for self care
Labour preparation and support lessons can be incorporated into a regular prenatal massage visit or done as a separate visit. Recommendations for childbirth and the initial postpartum period are often given during pregnancy massage visits but it is very beneficial to have mom bring her birthing partner in with her to an appointment for more thorough instruction. The length of the lesson depends on how much instruction that you and your birthing partner are looking for. We have several useful handouts and tips and can teach you some effective massage techniques. Please contact us, so that we can discuss your individual needs and setup a lesson that works best for you, or complete the labour preparation & support registration form.